Thursday, January 8, 2015

Begin as you mean to go on



I think a lot about blogging, but as you may have noticed, those thoughts haven't been making it to my blog very often in the last year or two.  This year, I would like to do more writing about a number of topics, and my dusty blog seems like a good place to start.  So here I go!

The scene above will be a familiar one to my Facebook friends - this is the view from my bedroom window, looking east at the Blue Ridge mountains, which are a single ridge at this part of the Appalachian range.  This view is a daily delight, a sustaining pleasure and a reminder of our great good fortune of living in such a beautiful part of the world.



The other photos I share with you today are another source of gratitude and delight - my wonderful family.  This is the photo we chose for our annual family letter this year.  Here you see daughter Hannah, her new husband Joe, son Robbie, Idgy the corgi, future son-in-law Ian, daughter Lily, myself and my husband Peter.  Creative content: I knit Lily's cowl (Ptarmigan by Jared Flood in Jaggerspun Zephyr DK), I wove my tartan scarf (traditional tartan Drummond of Perth in Jaggerspun Superfine Merino 2/18) and I knit Peter's mitts (adapted from Dashing by Cheryl Niamath in Jo Sharp Silk Road Aran).

And then, to leave you with some merriment, here is what happened after that picture was taken:






No comments: